Saturday, March 29, 2014

UD's Cannonball Mascara (Oh My God)

I have been an extremely loyal Diorshow wearer for about 5 years now.  When you fall in love with a product so much, and even if you see/hear about other products you think you may also like, you never really have a desire to turn your back against your tried and true.  (I guess it's kind of like a healthy relationship.. hah.. hah?)  But after a lovely romp with Dior, I decided to branch out into the mascara world.

STOP right here if you think I didn't buy another replacement Diorshow as well.. because I did.

But I picked up Urban Decay's Cannonball Ultra Waterproof Mascara today.  And..

I. Am. In. Love.

Seriously guys.  It takes a LOT for me to like a new mascara.  I've sampled new ones here and there, but nothing has made me stray from Dior.  Until now.. maybe.  Like I said earlier, I still bought another Diorshow just in case.  But this UD may have done the trick.


I had no idea I would fall so hard.  First off, my passion for waterproof products was completely satisfied with this -- it had me at "ultra waterproof."


Second.  I've never been a big fan of the fiber mascaras because they tend to weigh my straight lashes down after a while.  But I am so pleasantly surprised by how much I like this fiber-filled gel-like mascara!


Third.  After wearing this all day (through semi-hard labor for about 7 hours) my lashes were still curled!  I have a problem with mascaras giving me body and volume because my lashes are SO long and relatively sparse, so there was no huge difference in that regard, but the fibers did a decent job at filling them in a tiny bit.

[Totally apologize for this horrible quality, grainy front-facing iPhone photo.  I took this at the end of the day and my lashes still looked great!] 



I can't believe that this mascara holds up so well throughout the day.  I'm going to use Cannonball for a while and see how I like it long-term. I have a feeling it's going to be a huge success.

But for now -- this junicorn is pretty excited about finding a new mascara!

xojaybee



No comments:

Post a Comment