Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Stila v. Eyeko

Ahh, Stila versus Eyeko.  My top two favorite liquid pen eyeliners.

Because I use these two liquid eyeliners so often, and pretty interchangeably, I thought I'd do a quick comparison of the two.

They are both VERY waterproof, which is something I look for in an eyeliner.  I rarely use products that aren't waterproof -- because, 1) I have monolid eyes, which tends to cause a ton of creasing of makeup products that may not happen with all eye shapes, and 2) I sweat. A lot.  So I don't like walking around on a hot summer day having to worry about whether my face is, quite literally, melting off.  I know waterproof products can be a lot harsher on the skin (combined with the fact that more scrubbing is necessary to remove them at the end of the day), but it's just a feature that I can't give up.

Anyway. Moving on.  The only significant difference between the two is the "blackness," if you will.


Eyeko on the left, Stila on the right.  Do you see what I mean?  [You can click on the pics for a larger, more detailed look.]  The Eyeko just looks a tad bit darker and more opaque than the Stila.

They both have very little feathering on my skin, and draw both thin and thick lines virtually flawlessly.


I tend to grab my Eyeko when I'm going for a more dramatic look, and use my Stila when I don't want my makeup to look as harsh.  Even though the Stila liner is called "Jet Black," it can be used in a lot of brown/copper eye looks and give a little more depth to the liner.

Either way they're both my absolute favorites! I HIGHLY recommend them both!

xojaybee

[Eyeko Eye Do Liquid Eyeliner in Carbon Black
Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner in Jet Black]

No comments:

Post a Comment