Monday, March 24, 2014

Oil Pulling?


Yeah.. I started that oil-pulling trend yesterday.  Can you blame me?  It has been all over the beauty sphere lately and I just couldn't resist.

I know everyone is saying to use organic coconut oil, but hey -- this is what I picked up when I was shopping at the local Piggly Wiggly on spring break!  It seemed legit enough.

The benefits of oil-pulling seemed too good to be true, and too easy not to try.  So I sucked it up, took a spoonful of the solidified oil to the mouth, and began swishing.  20 minutes seems extremely daunting, but when I realized it takes me about 40 minutes in the morning to do my makeup routine, I figured I'd just multitask and swish for half that time.  After 20 minutes (that honestly weren't that bad), I spit it out, rinsed my mouth with warm water a few times, and continued to do my makeup.

And after only oil-pulling three times, my mouth already feels different!  Maybe it's a placebo effect, who knows, but my teeth already feel cleaner and look whiter.  I'm going to do this for the next few weeks and see what happens to my mouth and my overall health.  I've heard it also helps with clearing sinuses -- and I don't know many people with worse sinuses than myself -- so I'm hoping for some miracle in that department as well.

We'll see! Stay tuned.

xojaybee

1 comment:

  1. 3 Researches SHOW How Coconut Oil Kills Fat.

    The meaning of this is that you actually get rid of fat by consuming Coconut Fat (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

    These 3 researches from big medical journals are sure to turn the conventional nutrition world upside down!

    ReplyDelete