Tuesday, March 25, 2014

3-25 Beauty Buys

I decided to pick up two beauty products today while I was out shopping, and had to share them because I love them so much.

I've been looking for a nice tinted moisturizer with SPF for a while, and I'm obsessed with this Bobbi Brown SPF 15 Tinted Moisturizer.  I bought it in Medium to Dark because I'm pretty tan -- especially with the summer months approaching -- but it comes in 9 different shades!  That's an unusually wide variety for a tinted moisturizer (as opposed to light coverage foundations or CC/BB creams), so this moisturizer will work for a ton of different skin tones.


At $42 per bottle, it's a little pricey for only 1.7oz, but it's such lovely coverage I couldn't pass it up.  I hate using foundations on my face, and even am hesitant about a lot of non-tinted moisturizers in general, but I'll use this very sparingly on my face when I want a little boost.


It's a pretty thin consistency -- as to be expected from a tinted moisturizer (as opposed to that light coverage foundation or CC/BB cream, like I mentioned earlier).  


It's not so subtle that you can't tell anything is on the skin, but it's just subtle enough that it just looks like perfect skin.  [Note: don't mind the difference in shade colors between my hand and the moisturizer -- my face is actually tanner than the back of my hand right now for some reason.  Time to hit L.A. Tan!  ..or a self-tanner.  Skin cancer is bad.]

I love the fact that it has an SPF 15 built in, so I'm doing my skin a favor while making it look pretty!


I also decided to pick up this gooooorgeous MAC Divine Night Mineralize Eye Shadow in the shade "Until Dawn."  


The MAC website describes the color as a soft gold base with purple taupe inset shade, and I think it reads a bit more on the golden side than the purple side, to be honest.  Nonetheless I'm in love with this shadow.




It's a beautiful shimmer shadow with small gold flecks, but not too shimmery where it comes off like a MAC pigment or a straight-up glitter.


Like I said, I feel like it reads as a more golden bronze than anything purple, but maybe that's just the way it shows up on my olive skin tone.  Either way, it's gorgeous!  It'll act as a perfect transition/blending shade, or even as a base for my whole lid under more dramatic, smokey looks.

Nothing like a few good impulse beauty buys :]

xojaybee

No comments:

Post a Comment