Monday, March 31, 2014

My Everyday Jewlery

I get a lot of questions about my every day jewelry, so here's a post explaining it all!

First: my watch.


It's a Nixon 48-20 Chrono in All Gold.  It's probably one of the heaviest watches I've ever felt, but it's so substantial and so amazing.  [It's solid stainless steel!]


It has all these features that I know I'm probably never going to use -- like really, do I really need the second hand stop watch function? -- but it's still cool to have nonetheless.  It's also waterproof up to 200 meters, so in case I get it wet it's still in perfect shape.


You can find it on Amazon or Overstock for SO MUCH cheaper than the retail value.  I doubt I would have bought it if I had to pay the full $500!  Look for deals -- they're everywhere.

Second: my rings.


All of my rings are from Etsy and no where else.  I'm not big on costume jewelry or any jewelry that tarnishes or turns green.  So I rarely if ever wear any gold plated accessories.  All of my rings are either gold-filled or 14k gold.  Yes, this ends up being quite a bit pricier, but it's worth it.  I never take my jewelry off (besides my watch).  They go through the shower, the pool, to the gym, wherever.  I like to make sure they won't tarnish!


My midi/knuckle rings are usually a size 4, but I have gigantic hands.  [For reference, my cigar ring that I wear on my right ring finger is a size 9].  If I want any that sit well above my second knuckle, I'll buy a 3.5.  A midi ring is basically your regular ring size divided in half.  They're also about 1mm in thickness -- I like this (as opposed to the 1.5mm or 2mm) because they're super delicate looking and easy to shape to the exact dimensions of your finger.

Third: my bracelets.


My bracelets are all a mish-mosh amalgamation of different things.  I guess, referencing the above photo, I can start from the top and work my way down the line.

First is from the Vatican City in Rome, Italy.  It's actually a string necklace that I wound around my wrist three times.  The "charm" on it is a wooden dove.

Second is just a hair tie. HAHA.

Third is a hemp bracelet from a little street vendor on La Rambla in Barcelona, Spain.  

Fourth is a gold charm bracelet from my great aunt.  It has a heart charm with my name on it.

Fifth is another hemp bracelet with little clear crystals woven into it from Amsterdam, Netherlands.

Fourth is one big chunky bracelet with a few glass charms (a bunch of other metal ones fell off into the abyss somewhere) from a street vendor in Krakow, Poland.  [Yey for my homeland!]

And finally, fifth is a leather bracelet I made with one of my best friends from college while I was in undergrad.  She taught me how to make them out of strips of leather, and every time I see it, it reminds me of her!

Fourth: my necklace.


This is the newest piece of jewelry to my everyday collection.  I actually just bought this at American Apparel!  It's part of their Enamel Collection, and I love how small and dainty it is.  It's on a 20" chain, but I might switch it out for a longer one soon.  I think it's small enough that it's not overbearing, but large enough to actually notice.

I'm always looking to add more jewelry to my collection -- in fact, I just recently purchased a new gold ring to add to my left hand.  I'll post photos when it arrives!

Well.. this blog was too long.  So I'll end here. K bai.

xojaybee

No comments:

Post a Comment