Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Topshop/H&M/Express Haul!

I've been doing a lot of summer and office-clothing shopping lately, and I decided to haul post some of my favorite pieces!!  These items are super random and don't really fit together so bear with me!

H&M

1.  Polka Dot Chambray Baseball Snapback ($10 IN STORE)


So I couldn't find this online on the H&M website, but it's definitely sold in stores -- at least in the Chicago stores.  I died when I saw this hat and just had to get it.  A snapback in denim fabric with white polka dots? I mean. Come on.  Wearing a hat like this instantly gives an outfit a relaxed, laid back vibe.  Even wearing it with a white sundress and some platforms will give you a cool, edgy look.  I like to wear my caps bill-to-the-side or with the snapback in the front (aka backwards).

2.  Woven Tank Top in Beige ($18)


I just really liked this top to wear as a layering piece for work underneath cardigans, blouses, and blazers.  I'm not particularly fond of wearing anything over button-up, collared shirts.. as weird as that is.  I think it gives the neckline a super stiff and stuff appearance.  So I use camis and tanks to wear as a base for a blouse, and leave the first few buttons loose.  It's work appropriate yet doesn't look like you're going to suffocate.

3.  Stripped Cotton "Corset" Tank ($10? I think? IN STORES)


This was a super random find at H&M and I love it.  I have a very similar crop top from MK&A's Olseyboye Collection, which I wear constantly, but this top is actually the length of a regular cami top.  It's really easy to tuck into high waisted jeans or cute skater skirt, for when I want the same type of look as a crop top but need and/or want to look more appropriate and less skin-baring.  

4.  Satin Tank Top in Natural White ($15)


Just another nice, flowy silky cami for the summer to wear in a professional setting!  I also like wearing tops like this in unexpected ways, like pairing it with destroyed denim cut-off shorts, converse sneakers or combat boots, and a snapback.  The silky fabric and girly cut of this tank, especially the extremely delicate single straps, really chic up a tomboy outfit.  

5.  Platform Sandalettes in Beige ($35)

Detail shot of the materials!

These shoes are everything!  I'm usually not a huge fan of platform shoes -- I'm a big single-sole girl myself -- but I saw these shoes and fell in love.  I don't own anything like them!  Those laces!!  Chunky heels are very on-point this season, and I thought the canvas material made these heels really wearable and super day-time appropriate.  But, since they're so versatile, they can also be worn with a little dress and work for a summer night out.  And even though these babies have a 4" heel, the platform is 1.5" so really you're only dealing with a 2.5" rise! Not bad, not bad.

Express

6. Black and White Portofino Shirt ($50 IN STORE)


These next two are a little boring, but also versatile!  I'm obviously a sucker for a button down shirt. And to be completely honest, I rarely buy women's button downs.  But I liked these so much I couldn't pass 'em up!  And Express usually has a deal where you buy one at full price and get a second for 50% off.  So that's what I did.  I like how unique this blouse is: completely white in the front, and completely black in the back.  It also has buttons on the sleeves with flaps, so you can roll them up and keep them in place (which I demonstrated in the photo on the left sleeve)!

7.  Plaid Convertible Sleeve Portofino Shirt ($60)


I've worn this blouse at least 3 times in the past two weeks. That's how much I love it.  It combines a lot of my favorite things: button down, plaid, and chiffon.  I normally don't wear anything blue, but I made an exception for this one.  I wear it to work with black pants and white cami, and I wear it out and about with jean shorts and a crop top.  So perfect.

Topshop

8.  Topman Plaid Flannel Shirt ($14 CLEARANCE)


This is 100% self explanatory.  It was on clearance for $14 and I, surprisingly, don't have a thick flannel in black and white buffalo plaid.  You know how I do.  No brainer! 

9. Topman Black Stripe Denim Long Sleeve Shirt ($55)


This is probably one of my most favorite items I've purchased all year!!  It seems so basic but it's amazing.  It's a distressed denim button down, sure, but those adorable "black" and "white" stripes!!  The actual fabric is thicker than my thickest flannel, and it's so warm yet still breathable.  I can say with confidence that I've never spent $55 on a button down in my entire life -- considering most of mine are $5 and under from Goodwill or Savers -- but this one was so worth it.

10.  Black Wrap Jersey Playsuit ($48)


I have a few rompers and playsuits like this, but I really loved the bodice of this one.  I don't have a playsuit with a surplice wrap front, and obviously I needed it. Obviously.  Just a sheer kimono, chambray button down, on its own with a sunhat, or even as a quick outfit over a bikini for a beach trip.. this romper will get a lot of use this summer.

11.  Horizontal Toe Post Sandals in Tan ($30)


I usually wear through a pair of flat leather sandals per summer, so this is my Summer '14 pair!  The straps are different enough to stand out yet classic enough to match with just about any summer outfit.  The tobacco colored leather is to die for, and the leather is so soft and flexible -- so no digging into the skin or causing blisters.  I also have flat feet, which basically means that a bone in both my feet is deformed, and I have no arches.  This flattens my feet out like a pancake when they're on the ground, which causes my feet to be extremely wide.  (You can see this in the first photo on my left side, where my foot is basically spilling over the edge of the sandal.)  So a lot of flat sandals can be very restricting and uncomfortable for me.  But I walked around in these ones and I have found a winner!

------------------------------------------------------

I know this was quite a random haul, but, as always, I just wanted to share a few purchases in hopes that I inspire or give new ideas to anyone reading!

xojaybee

1 comment:

  1. There's SHOCKING news in the sports betting industry.

    It's been said that every bettor must watch this,

    Watch this now or stop placing bets on sports...

    Sports Cash System - Sports Betting Robot

    ReplyDelete