Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Random Beauty/Fashion Buys

I picked up a few things from Target and ASOS and figured I'd combine them both into one post.  I also just received a big box of goodies from Ulta that I'll be reviewing shortly!

Now that finals are over, hopefully I'll be back to posting every day or so.  I've missed my blog!  But the first year of law school is finally over and I'll slowly start to remember what "free time" feels like.

Anyway, on to the purchases!

1. ASOS Croc Clutch Bag With Metal Frame ($24 SALE)


Loooove love love this clutch.  I love clutches and handbags, and I love snakeskin and croc skin fabrics (fake, clearly!).  When I see a good sale that combines these two things, how could I pass it up?  With summer coming up, going out at night to cute places happens more often, and you can't go wrong with an adorable yet functional clutch.  I especially like this one because of its size -- it's not so big that you feel like you're carrying around a backpack in your arms, but it's not so small that you can't actually fit the essentials (like keys, wallet, cell phone, lip gloss, compact, etc.) inside of it without jamming and/or breaking anything.  And the reflective gold trip really gives a normally camel colored leather clutch into a subtle statement bag.

2.  Gipsy Over The Knee Sock in "Caramel" (SOLD OUT)


Before you say, "but June I know you have a pair of socks just like this -- you wrote about them in one of your other haul posts!" I don't want to hear it!  Yes, I do have another tan colored over-the-knee pair of socks.  But those ones are more of a cable-knit wool fabric.  I love these ones because they're super thin and lightweight.  They're perfect for warm summer days when you want to wear shorts or a mini skirt but are going somewhere that you feel the need to cover up a bit more than normal, and you won't be overheating and wishing you could stick your legs in an ice bath.  They're stretchy and breathable and comfortable!  Perfect with denim cut offs or a black skater skirt.

3.  ASOS Petite Kimono in "Nude"($54 SALE)


I have been getting more and more into this whole kimono trend that is happening basically everywhere.  I have a few already, but I saw this one and fell in love. It isn't the typical chiffon-style, sheer, flowy kimono.  This one is more substantial and has a little more weight to it.  I know the color is reading very peachy and rosy in these pictures, but it is a lot more of a nude shade in person.  I normally don't shop in the ASOS Petite section, because it's created for women who are 5'3" and under, and I'm actually 5'5" so the clothes in that line are typically too short for me.  But I was actually looking for a kimono that was shorter in length, so I can wear it with a pair of short shorts and still look like I'm wearing pants!

4.  Sonia Kashuk Core Tools Duo Fibre Fan Brush #129 ($8)


You can never have enough makeup brushes. Period. This is the second fan brush that I've had, and I really like using them for highlighting, especially on the cheekbone.  They're also great to use for just applying a very light sweep of bronzer along the hollows of the cheeks and on the sides of the face by the hairline.  These are pretty straight forward and easy to use.  I picked it up while I was running a few errands in Target, and thought it was a nice, moderately priced brush just to have on hand when I need it!

5.  Sonia Kashuk Liquid Line Precision Marker in "Black/Brown" ($8)


I have a lot of black liquid eyeliners, but recently I realized that I don't have a brown liquid liner at all!  I probably won't use it a ton, because I obviously love my black liners.  But at $8 at Target, it seemed like a harmless product to pick up and use whenever I feel the need to grab it.  As you can see from the swatch, this liner isn't super pigmented.  It also really bled and fanned out into the lines of my skin.  I didn't apply this over a primer, so that may change the way it bleeds.  Even though it's not perfect, it's still totally wearable and I'll definitely incorporate it into some new looks!


I know this wasn't a lot of stuff to review, but at least it's something!  And like I said earlier, I can finally start blogging on a daily basis again now that school is out for summer :]


xojaybee

No comments:

Post a Comment