Sunday, May 4, 2014

5-2 Beauty Buys + My Makeup Organization

Just a few things I picked up that I wanted to share!  This is one of those quicky posts that I'll be doing as finals period keeps chugging along.  But hopefully this suffices!

[And for a picture of how I organize my makeup, scroll to the end of this post!]

1.  Sephora Collection Nano Lip Liner in "03 Queen Quartz" ($5)


Five dollars! Guys.  This lip liner is only $5.  I like using really neutral lip liner shades so they can go under a lot of different colors.  And for only $5 you can buy a few of them and have a neutral shade, a darker shade, a pinker shade, etc.  They're small in size -- hence the "nano" part.. but really, how often do you go through lip liners on the regular?

2.  Urban Decay Eyeshadow in "Half Baked" ($18)

Left is over primer, right is without primer

I FINALLY picked up this gorgeous eyeshadow color.  It's probably one of the most popular shades out there right now, and virtually every makeup guru has done a tutorial using this shadow.  Urban Decay shadows are so beautiful and smooth and creamy and pigmented.  Half Baked speaks for itself. It's included in both the original Naked Palette and Naked 2 Palette.  It's a shimmery, glittery, champagney-bronzey-gold shade and can work in SO many different looks.  It can be natural, smokey, daytime, nighttime, you name it!  I'm so excited to finally own this shadow.

3.  Sephora Collection Colorful Eyeshadow Mirror in "No 82 Hollywood's Calling"($13)

Left is over primer, right is without primer

I can't believe I didn't know about these shadows.  I got this in a 500-point Sephora Collection gift so it was such a pleasant surprise. Talk about GOOOORGEOUS.  I've never had a Sephora eyeshadow, weirdly enough.  And Sephora brand is a hit or a miss, but this is definitely a hit.  The formula is SO pigmented and rich.  I have a lot of colors in this same shade, or in a similar shade, but this one is so different!  I don't own something with this much glitter or shimmer, and I love it.  The shadow itself is so creamy it almost feels like a cream-to-powder.  The difference between the primer swatch and non-primer swatch is almost indistinguishable, which says a lot about the shadow itself.  I may actually pick up a few more colors from this collection in the future!

4.  Still Stay All Day Waterproof Brow Color in "Dark" ($21)


A very regular purchase for me, so I didn't do any swatches of this -- apologies :(  I use this on a daily basis, in combination with the same product in the shade "Medium," Anastasia Brow Wiz in "Caramel" and "Ash Blonde," and Anastasia Brow Gel.  I know, it's a lot of products for my brows, but they're one of the most -- if not the most -- important feature on your face.  They deserve all the attention they can get!  You can also check out my Everyday Eyebrow Tutorial for a step-by-step on how I do my brows.  This process is constantly changing and morphing as my tastes change, so I may do an updated brow tutorial soon!

5.  Anastasia Beverly Hills Tinted Brow Gel in "Brunette" ($22)


I know I'm a tried-and-true fan of the regular Anastasia Clear Brow Gel, but I thought I'd branch out and try the tinted gel.  I did this because as I keep dying my hair a lighter and lighter color, my naturally black brows were starting to look a little harsh on my face.  I obviously use brunette and caramel colored brow products, but that still can't change the color of the actual brow hairs.  So, insert tinted brow gel!  This gel actually coats the brow with a brown color, actually changing the color of the hair itself -- almost like a temporary hair dye for eyebrows!  If you're in a situation like me where you change your hair color on a regular basis, keep a few different shades of a tinted brow gel in your makeup stash to match your hairs on a whim!

My Makeup Organization:


It is NOT PRETTY.  I am in the process of ordering/finding more clear acrylic makeup organizers for this mess of a desk.  I try to keep as much of it as I can displayed and ready for use, but there's just not enough room for it all in my small space.  I think I'm going to order a few acrylics drawers to stack on top of each other to start building up as opposed to out.  I'll keep you all updated on what I do to it!

xojaybee

No comments:

Post a Comment