Friday, May 9, 2014

"No Makeup" Makeup Summer Eye Look

I always feel like as the weather gets hotter, I want to wear less and less makeup.  Maybe it's because when I'm hot, I'm lazy, and when I'm lazy, I don't want to do anything to my face.  Maybe it's because I know that in only a few hours most of my makeup will be sweating off so I wonder what's the point.  Maybe it's because summer looks are light and airy and that's the way I want my makeup to be, too.  Who knows!

But I still think that the "no makeup," easy-to-wear makeup looks can still look glamorous!  If you look at this look, it doesn't look dramatic or over-the-top for a warm day in June or July.  It's just enough where your eyes still pop and stand out in a good way.


Tutorial after the jump!



Products Used:


Sigma Beauty E35 Tapered Blending Brush ($14)
NARS Smudge Proof Eye Shadow Base ($25)
Anastasia Beverly Hills Lavish Palette (Sold Out)
Forever21 "Darling" Faux Lashes ($3)
Sephora Collection Contour Eye Pencil 12hr Wear Waterproof in "Girl Talk" ($10)


How-To:

1.  Eeeee! My completely naked brow and eye!  Start out with a super fresh canvas.  Then fill in your brows, and prime both your top and bottom lids.


2.  With a big fluffy brush (we're only using one brush for this look!) sweep an eyeshadow color that is a few shades lighter than the color of your skin all over your lid.  Bring the color down to the lash line all the way past the crease.  I used the color "Cream" from the Anastasia Lavish palette.  Make sure you err on the lighter side, so you don't make your lids look dark and heavy.


3.  Using the same brush, apply an orange shadow just on the lid itself, making sure not to extend the color up past the lighter cream color and into your crease or on the brow bone.  I used Anastasia's "Orange Soda" for this step.


4.  This step is semi-fun: with the ring finger on your dominant hand, pick up a coppery colored eyeshadow and pat it onto the lower part of your lid, near your lash line.  You want a pretty condensed color, and I think using your finger for this step really achieves a great color pay off.  It also doesn't look too neat or blown out.  I used Anastasia's "Rum Cake."


5.  Curl your lashes!  There's no eyeliner involved in this look whatsoever -- how easy is that?!


6.  Add a thin, thin line of lash glue to your favorite set of wispy, natural looking falsies, and apply them to your lash line using a pair of tweezers.  Because we're not wearing any eyeliner in this look, it's pretty crucial to make sure the lashes are placed as exact as possible here.  Get them as close to your natural lash line as possible!


Because I have naturally black eye lashes, it wasn't really necessary for me to apply mascara to my lashes to "blend them in" with the falsies.  But if you have lighter brown, blonde, red, etc. eyelashes, you'll probably want to apply a coat or two of your favorite mascara to your natural lashes AFTER you apply the falsies.  It'll make for a seamless transition between the real lashes and the faux ones!


7.  Again, using your finger, smudge a SMALL amount of the coppery colored shadow to your lower lash line, just to give it a little definition.  Be super light-handed with this step, or else you can end up looking like you have a bruised eye!


8.  Rim your lower water line using a light, champagne colored waterproof eyeliner.  I really recommend Sephora's 12 Hour waterproof liner -- it has great staying power and it's only $10 for a full sized, retractable liner!   And that's it!!

Such cute little grubby fake nails I have.


I don't even like applying any bottom mascara to this look.  I think it looks super fresh and light and perfect for warm summer days.  Yes, it does involve false lashes -- but that's the fun of it!  You can still look glamorous while maintaining that "no makeup" look.  And that one extra added step is totally fine, since there's not even any mascara or eyeliner involved!

And all you need to do to transition this look from day to night is add a swipe of black liquid liner on the top and bottom lash lines, and you're good to go!

xojaybee

1 comment:

  1. Can you do an article on fake eyelashes alone? I have never used them on myself and don't even know if I should be using them or what kind to use. I see a lot of people use them and they look great so I want to learn more. :)

    ReplyDelete