Friday, May 16, 2014

Quick Tip/Trick #2: Getting Rid of Oily Skin in an Emergency!

If you're anything like me, there are times when you either forget to carry oil blotting papers around with you or you've run out of them.  Or maybe you're a person who simply doesn't bother bringing them around in your bag when you're out and about.  Or maybe you don't even own any oil blotting papers to begin with!

When I notice that my skin is looking extra shiny before I'm about to do something important (especially in the warmer months) and I'm stuck with no oil blotting papers, I never worry -- as long as you have a newspaper or a magazine around you, you can handle the situation like a pro!  Those little free newspaper/pamphlets in the metal boxes on street corners, a paper menu from a fast food joint, flyers and handouts at the grocery store.. you name it!  Anything that is made out of either a thin newspaper or magazine type of paper will do!


Ick! After a long day, my T-zone gets super oily if I don't touch up with some translucent powder during the day (which I usually don't, because let's be real.. who has time to do that?).  


All you need is some absorbent paper!  As I mentioned above, there are quite a few ways to get your hands on some type of paper that will work!


Rip a small-ish piece of paper away from the sheet.


It should be big enough to cover your forehead area, but small enough that you can still keep control of where you'll be blotting on your face.


Start blotting in the problem areas all over your face.  


Gently pat the paper across any oily places that need to be touched up.  Make sure that you're dabbing and blotting, NOT rubbing or swiping it across the face.  You don't want to ruin any existing makeup you've applied, and smearing all that oil into your other pores is NOT a good idea and/or look!  You want to gently press the paper into the skin, lift up, and repeat the process.


With a different, unused section of the piece of paper, you can go ahead and repeat the blotting and dabbing motion on any other oily parts of your face.  My temples also tend to become super shiny throughout the day.


I also went ahead and blotted my nose, which is typically a major problem area for me.


When you're done, you'll notice that the areas you used on the piece of paper are sort of transparent and dirty -- this is all that excess makeup and oil that you just picked up from your face!  Never re-use any of these, even if you want to go and blot some more.  Rip off a new section of paper from the original piece and you can do it all over again!

That's all you have to do!  Your skin will feel dry and smooth once again :]


I hope this tip was helpful!  I know that nobody likes a slick, oily face, but it happens to the best of us.  I obviously recommend carrying around some oil blotting papers in your purse, pocket, or clutch when you'll be out of the house for an extended period of time.  Nothing beats using a blotting paper to wick away that oil -- after all, that's what they're made to do!  I always use Boscia Green Tea Blotting Linens on my face and they work like a charm.  

NOTE:  This tip shouldn't be used as a regular routine -- when you're using paper from an outside source (like a restaurant, grocery store, and ESPECIALLY off the street), you never know what kind of germs and bacteria are on the surface of those papers.  This is meant to be a tip to use when you're really in a bind and can't be lookin' oily (say for a job interview or right before an important date)! Actually pressing all that bacteria into your pores is not ideal.  Use this seldom and only when needed -- but hey, it works like a charm every time!

xojaybee

No comments:

Post a Comment