Tuesday, May 27, 2014

NYX Pigments! $3!

I recently talked about the huge Ulta haul I ordered and said I was going to do a post about it.  I'm sorry it is taking so long!  But I loved (and have been using) these NYX pigments so much I thought they deserved a post of their own.

I love a good pigment.  They're long lasting (both on the eye, and the product in general), rich, opaque, and so beautiful on the lid.  I have some MAC and Lime Crime pigments, but haven't really branched out from there.  But lo and behold -- NYX pigments.  FOR ONLY $3 EACH.  Three. Dollars. Each.


Indeed.  The NYX Cosmetics Ultra Pearl Mania Loose Pearl Eye Shadows.  I, of course, bought four neutral/copper shades.  From left to right, "Mocha," "Oro," "Orange," and "Nude."  The only "downside" to this product, if you can even call it that, is the size.  MAC pigments come in a .15oz container, and the NYX pigments are only .06oz each.   But considering the price, at only $3 per .06oz, that's only $9 for .18oz.  And MAC charges $21 for .15oz!


The mouth or opening of the container is also quite small -- I had to dip a fine point eyeliner brush to get the pigment out.  You can also tap a little onto a flat surface and use a brush from there, but I find that this wastes quite a bit of product.


The pigment is so fine and delicate, and such a small amount goes such a long way.  The pigment itself is very similar to the MAC version -- maybe slightly more powdery and less.. chunky..? Less dense? I don't even know how to describe the MAC pigments, but that's the best I can do. Haha.

In shaded natural sunlight
In direct natural sunlight

Now, how gorgeous are these?  UGH.  "Mocha" is a beautiful true taupe color, "Oro" is a cooler-toned gold color, "Orange" is a true orange, and "Nude" is a pearly ecru color.  The great thing about pigments is the blendability.  You can blend them together on the eye for a gorgeous ombre look on your lid, and you can also mix them up before application to create new and unique shades.

And seriously -- for $3 a pop, this is such a good deal that you cannot pass up.  Ulta's website has 20 different shades, in almost every color you could want.  Do yourself a favor and buy some! $3!

xojaybee

No comments:

Post a Comment