Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Chicago Pride Weekend Pt.I Shenanigans!

Again, I'm sorry I have been so busy with this crazy summer of mine, but I wanted to check in!  Chicago Pride Weekend Part Uno was this past weekend, and it could not have been more fun!

Here's what I wore:


I just paired a black romper (which I got from Target years ago) with a mint green chiffon kimono from H&M, a fun leather and gold necklace from Forever21, and tan cut-out booties from UrbanOG.  

TIP:  I'm all about looking good and feeling great -- but if you know you're going to something like Pride, or a big festival of some sort, I don't recommend wearing anything that you'd regret if it got ruined!  Cigarette burns, spilled drinks, glitter, paint, and dirty streets are all definite possibilities.. so plan accordingly!  I actually got caught up in a torrential downpour in this outfit with no shelter for 15 minutes or so, but because I didn't wear anything expensive or ruin-able, it didn't matter!

Here's the makeup that I did:


Since this past weekend was only the festival, I didn't go super crazy all out for my makeup look.  Just a simple gradient shadow, winged liner, and natural falsies!  An adorable older man commented that I looked like Gia Gunn -- one of my favorite drag queens -- which is a huge compliment!  Coincidentally, she performed at the festival that weekend at a drag show the next day.  Queens know how to beat their face to gawd, so being compared to one made me smile.

A photo I took of Gia performing at the festival!

It was a hot and humid day, so I definitely made sure to prime my face and spritz it with some setting spray before heading out the door.  And, as I mentioned earlier, I got caught in a flash flood.. and my makeup DID. NOT. BUDGE.  I swear.  It's the benefit of using all waterproof makeup and a great setting spray! 

And here are some fun pics of my lovely friends and me:



The festival was filled with fabulosity, colors galore, chiffon and tulle, glitter glitter glitter, body-ody-ody, and so much more.  You can be whoever, wear whatever, and do anything your heart desires without the fear of being judged or ridiculed.  It's one of the most amazing environments to be in.

It was an amazing weekend, but Pride Part.II next weekend will be even more fantastic!  There will be neon, glitter, rainbows, and more glitter -- and you know I'll document everything from my outfit to my hair to my makeup to my accessories.  And I'm walking in the Pride Parade with one of my wonderful friends, so I'll be sure to take a ton of photos :]

xojaybee


No comments:

Post a Comment