Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Anastasia Dip Brow Review + "Tutorial"

Oh my god, you guys, I finally bought the Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade. It's incredible.  I still love my go-to brow routine using my Stila and Brow Wiz products, but this pomade is a one stop shop!

I picked up a brand new angled eyebrow brush from Sephora and started dipping.


All I need to do a full brow is this pomade and a brow gel (I used my Anastasia tinted brow gel) to top it off and keep all your hairs in place.  I bought the "Auburn" -- if you frequently switch between hair colors like I do (I go anywhere from jet black to dark blonde), buy/use the shade of brow products that matches the lightest your hair will be.  So for my hair at the moment, the Auburn shade works perfectly.


The formula of this product is awesome and so unique.  A little goes a long way!  All you need to do is dip the brush into the pot, wipe off any excess pomade on the side of the container, and draw on your brows.  It's so pigmented and dries to matte perfection.  And once it's dried, it's not going anywhere.  Rain, snow, sleet, hail -- it ain't budging.  I rubbed and rubbed the swatch on the back of my hand, and it still looked perfect.  (To remove it, use soap + warm water, or a makeup remover.)


Here's how I do my brows using Dipbrow:

First of all, forgive the terrible lighting! It was a cloudy today and this is all the natural light + my makeup light would do for me.

Secondly, I'm sorry I'm starting with an already done brow, but it's super simple to follow! [If anyone wants an actual step-by-step tutorial starting with a naked brow, comment below!] 

 All I do is start at the very bottom of my brow (or rather, where my brow would be, if I grew hairs there).  Using an angled brow brush -- in the direction in the picture -- I draw a light line from the inner corner of my brow to the highest point of my arch.


I then fill in the tail portion of my brow, making sure to take advantage of the shape of the brow brush.  I create a thick-to-thin point and fill in up to the top of the arch.


Then, I rotate the brush so it's perpendicular to my brow, and fill in all the gaps.  I'm especially light handed at the inner-corner of the brow, so I don't look too harsh or "mean."  I try not to fill in much on the top of the brow, so my natural "hairline," if you will, still peeks through.  A lot of people don't like this look, but I like how it still looks more like my own eyebrow and not as much of a "stencil" look.


If you're going for a more dramatic look, you can take a concealer brush with some foundation and clean up around the edges, creating a very sharp line around your brow.  But for a more natural, day-to-day look, I prefer leaving it a little softer overall.



-----------------------------------------------

Overall, I couldn't be happier with Dipbrow.  I'm so glad I finally sold my soul to this new cult favorite.  Now I see why it's so popular!  I mean, with a 4.7 out of 5 star rating on the Sephora website, its popularity precedes it.  And, having used it for about a week straight, I can tell it is going to last me quite a while.  I have virtually nothing bad to say about it!

Another win for me from Anastasia Beverly Hills!

xojaybee

1 comment: