Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Shorter + Lighter Hair: Session 1

So.  Today I chopped off 5" from my length and about 8" from my layers.  Dun dun duuuun.  I also bleached the entirety of my hair, aside from my roots (which I kept my natural dark brown)..

Right: Before -- Left: After

In 4 weeks, I have another appointment to go back and re-bleach the bottom half of my hair so it turns an ashy, light blonde.  I'm excited!  I have never had hair this light in my life, and I think it really changes the way I look.

And the layers!  Not only is my hair 100% healthier because I chopped off all the dead and split ends, but I also added ten times more volume because of all the layers.  I used to have a ton of long layers when I consistently went to a stylist, but since I stopped getting my hair done professionally, I let all the layers grow out on their own ('til they were virtually non-existent).  However.. they're back!  So much volume!!  I just asked the stylist to do whatever she thought would look good, and I couldn't be happier.

I haven't had my hair cut or colored professionally since 2011.  That's right.  You read that correctly.  2011.  It has been about 3 years.  Since starting my job in a very professional environment, I finally decided it was time to clean up my act a little bit.  Less hippy dippy, more styled.. if you will.  Of course I still want to maintain my personal style, so when I bleach the ends I'll feel more like myself again.  But for the next 4 weeks I can enjoy being a true brunette!


I'm even thinking about going so platinum at the bottom that I can temporarily play around with lavender/silver.  Oh yeah.   (But only temporarily -- I still have a real job!)

---------------------------------------------------

If you are thinking about doing something fun with your hair, DO IT!  It's honestly just hair, and you can always fix it, no matter what you think.  And it does grow.  I chop off inches of my hair at a time when I get bored with it, and it seems like it all grows back almost over night.  Take the chance!

xojaybee

No comments:

Post a Comment