Thursday, July 10, 2014

Dior Addict Lip Glow Review

As I've said time and time again, I'm not a big person to hop on a bandwagon before I've really done my research about a product.  This lip balm though.. omg.  I saw a few beauty gurus talk about this insanely expensive chap stick (basically) and I was extremely skeptical.  I understand that a Dior product is a Dior products -- I'm a fan of the Diorskin line as well as their Diorshow mascaras.  But this "lip glow" is even pricier than their mascara!  $32.  $32 is a lot of money for a LIP BALM.

Enter: Dior Addict Lip Glow.


What was so intriguing about this lip balm, however, is the claim that it changes colors with each wearer's body chemistry.  So, is this basically like a mood ring in a lip stick?  I definitely needed to see for myself.  Off I went to Sephora to try it on.  


And I loved what I saw!  I'm obviously not sure if it looks different on anyone else, seeing as how I was the only one who tried it on before I bought it, but it looked great!  The formula is glossy and surprisingly moisturizing.  I was a bit hesitant about the type of balm that Dior would produce -- not that I don't trust high-end brands, but a true "balm" is not usually what one would specialize in.  Glosses, shadows, bronzers, sure!  But something that I could get for $2 at CVS?  Not too sure.


It's great though!  As you can see, there is definitely a color change involved.  I was born with pretty pigmented lips, so I was working with quite a bit of color already.  But this balm really enhanced the rosiness and brought out a natural glow.  And like I said earlier, I was pleasantly surprised by the moisture it locked in my lips.  

The only problem I saw with this product was the longevity.  It's awesome while it's on the lips, but it doesn't last as long as I wanted it to.  I find myself having to reapply this balm throughout the day multiple times to keep the glossy finish and moisturizing feel.  However I don't think that is enough of a problem to make me regret this purchase!  I'm glad I went with my gut and picked this one up -- it's a great buy!

xojaybee

No comments:

Post a Comment