Saturday, December 27, 2014

Ballerina Nails > Stiletto Nails??

I did it.  I finally did it.  I have a new nail shape.  I've had stiletto nails since the fall of 2012, and I thought now is the time to do something different for a change.  Don't get me wrong -- I loved my pointy talons.  And it's not like these babies aren't still claws.   


They're called "ballerina" or "coffin" nails, due to their shape.  The tip of the nail resembles either a coffin (eek), or, as I prefer to refer to them as, the pointe of a pointe ballet shoe.  Love.

I frequently get asked what one should ask for when they walk into a nail salon.  I always get a full gel set (or fill), and ask if the nail tech wants to see a picture of what I want.  The answer is usually "yes" -- and if it's "no," I'd honestly look elsewhere.  Pull up a photo of the nail shape you want -- in my case it was a ballerina nail.  It's pretty easy.  Just use Google!  And DON'T be afraid to stop the nail tech if you notice he or she is not doing what you want.  I know it may seem rude or intimidating, but they're your nails, and you should be happy with the final result!

Be daring with your nails (if your school/work allows) and try something new, trendy, or just something you've always wanted to try.  They're just nails, and can be changed within minutes!



No comments:

Post a Comment