Sunday, August 3, 2014

Amrezy Palette!!

It's no surprise that I absolutely love my Anastasia Beverly Hills Lavish Palette.  I don't know what I'd do without my Orange Soda, Rum Cake, Sienna, and Truffle shadows.  So when I saw that ABH was releasing a new palette, the Amrezy Palette, I swiped it up immediately.  Amrezy is the name of Amra Olevic's Instagram page, and she's an awesome MUA in Los Angeles.  Just from looking at the swatches online without even having it in person yet, I knew I was going to love it just as much as my Lavish Palette.

And sorry! I purchsed this palette weeks ago but I'm just getting around to reviewing it now.  But it's still available on Anastasia.net! It's only $29, which is jaw dropping.  10 shadows for under $30 is almost unheard of, even compared to drugstore makeup brands.


When this palette arrived at my apartment, I immediately noticed that it was much more substantial than the Lavish palette.  If there is one thing I actually don't like about Lavish, it's the packaging.  There isn't a ton of protection for the shadow pans, as it just slides in and out of a plastic sleeve.  But the Amrezy is in a cardboard box with a mirror flap! 

CLICK the photo for closeups of the shadows! 

The colors in this palette are beaaaauuutiful.  And it even comes with a little dual ended brush!  I haven't tried it out yet but it looks a lot better than some other brushes that come with kits.  Anyway, I've already been thinking about how many looks I can create with this palette.

Natural sunlight, over un-primed skin
Natural sunlight, over primed skin (UD Shadow Insurance)

The palette contains 10 warm-toned shadows, and they are either satiny-shimmery shadows or completely matte shadows.  The formula and color payoff are incredible!  You can even tell how pigmented they are from the swatches over un-primed skin.  If they're that opaque and creamy even on top of bare skin, you know they're good quality shadows.  And I'm not usually a huge fan of jewel-toned shadows, but even I'm excited about the purple and emerald colors in this palette!  The iridescent purple is so gorgeous I can't handle myself.  In certain lights it becomes bluer or periwinkle colored, with gold undertones throughout.  And even the black color, cutely named LBD, is a nice quality, matte black shadow.  My favorite colors are Glisten, a beautiful peachy shimmer shade, and Caramel, a caramel colored matte shade.  But I'm in love with the whole thing!  

And I'll say it again, for only $30, this palette is a real steal.  Pick it up while it's still in stock and I guarantee you won't regret it!  If you like warm-toned shadows (and even only want to use the 8 neutral shades), get the Amrezy Palette!

xojaybee

No comments:

Post a Comment