Monday, July 6, 2015

Morphe Brushes Angel Merino 14-Piece Brush Set

I love me a good makeup brush.  And when they're shiny and gold?  Forget about it.  I've seen a lot of brushes in my day, and it's pretty rare to come across a completely gold set - ferrule, handle, and all.  When I saw that Morphe Brushes was coming out with a 14 piece all-gold brush set, I knew I had to get my hands on it.  But for $80, I was hesitant.  Yes, $5.70 per piece is an absolutely ridiculous steal, but when you hear it in a lump sum like that, it gets a little nerve wracking. 

I waited on it to think about it, and lo and behold, Morphe offered a 10% discount on the set.  I know, 10% isn't a huge deal, but it bounced the price down to $72 (or $5.14 a piece) and I couldn't pass up such a beautiful brush set.

Insert the Angel Merino 14-piece brush set.  Beautiful.  Gorgeous.  I am in love.


I'm usually kind of skeptical about endorsed or collaborated products, because sometimes I think the companies creating them can sort of skimp out on quality because they know they're going to sell by name recognition and promotion alone.  But I know Morphe always creates affordable yet quality products, so I trusted that these brushes wouldn't disappoint.


I will say the brush roll isn't the highest of quality, but it'll do for what it is.  I only use brush rolls when I'm doing freelancing somewhere and need a ton of brushes with me.


The brushes came nicely wrapped and protected, which is also a good sign.



They ended up being a stunning set, both in appearance and quality.  I am super happy with the actual brushes and the way they apply.  I've been using them and testing them for about a week, and I am extremely pleased, especially with the price point what it is.  A little over $5 for a great quality brush is almost unheard of.

I haven't experienced any bristle fallout during use or after washing them.  And I haven't used all of them, but from what I have used I love.  I'm not a big fan of foundation brushes, so I have yet to try that (I mainly use that as a concealer brush anyway, and don't conceal my own face very often).  And the small pointed lip/liner brush is also one I have yet to use.  But if these perform as well as the eyeshadow and powder brushes, I basically have no complaints about this set.

Below are a few closeups of some of my favorites:



The ferrule and handle are virtually seamless, and the head of the ferrule is tight and secure.  The bristles in this set are either natural or synthetic, depending on the brush.  But both apply makeup with the same precision.


The all-gold brush is super sleek and looks amazing displayed on a vanity or makeup stand. 


If you're interested in the set, the 10% off code is simply "ANGEL" at the checkout page on Morphe's website.  I highly recommend picking this set up if you are a fan of gold.. or you just like high quality brushes for a little over $5 a pop.  



No comments:

Post a Comment