Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Spring Awakening 2015 Makeup Looks

This post is LONG overdue (by almost two weeks!) but I figured I should put it up in case anyone was curious about the makeup I did for the 2015 Spring Awakening Music Festival.

I obviously love a good event to paint my face for, and music festivals and outdoor concerts really provide a great opportunity to be creative and go a little out-of-the-box.  Sure, it's sort of strange riding the train or bus with some tribal-inspired white dots all over your face.. but if you love makeup as much as I do, it's definitely worth it!

Day 1:


Day 2:


Day 3:



All of the white paint work was done with your standard white facepaint (the kind that comes from Halloween superstores, or clown/carnival paint at Walgreens, etc.) and a super-fine tipped paint brush (which you can find at Michael's or JoAnn's for literally 25 cents)!  And the gold line across my face from the Day 2 look is a very opaque yet shimmery gold liquid eyeliner from LORAC's 2014 collection, which is unfortunately discontinued.  But any thick liquid gold liner would work!

I decided to keep the rest of my face simple and neutral, with a subtle copper-ish smokey eye and natural looking lash each day.  I didn't want the focus to be lost on any crazy eye makeup or wild lip color -- the star of festival makeup is definitely the paint!  

Get creative with looks like this!  I took inspiration from photos and images I have seen floating around the web, and of course put my spin on each one to make it my own.  I already can't wait 'til the next music festival!


No comments:

Post a Comment