Saturday, April 11, 2015

Blank Canvas Cosmetics Makeup Brushes

I'm constantly on the lookout for quality, affordable makeup brushes.  I think half, maybe even more, of the makeup battle is the type of brushes you use.  Just because Tom Ford sells $80 brushes doesn't mean everyone needs to use them in order to get a flawless application.  Hell, some people even swear by their tried-and-true E.L.F. $1 brushes!

I like trying to find a nice middle ground.  MAC and Sigma brushes aren't terrible.. but not everyone wants to shell out $15-$20 on a single brush -- especially when you are an avid makeup wearer and have multiples of each type of brush.  I did a review on my Coastal Scents brush kit a while back, which was only $35 for 22 brushes, and found that they're great backup brushes.  But I never stop looking for bigger and better options.

The other week I was perusing YouTube beauty channels, per usual, and stumbled across a review from an Irish YouTuber that I instantly fell in love with.  She mentioned a great cosmetics company based in Ireland that sold quality, affordable brushes.  When I saw the review and checked out the website, I thought these brushes had an uncanny resemblance to Sigma brushes -- but for only $7-$10!  I know saving around $5 a brush doesn't seem like a lot, but it definitely adds up, and it never hurts to save some money.  And with that, Blank Canvas Cosmetics had me hooked.


The website has an award posted which boasts the company is Europe's top rated cosmetic brush company, so I definitely had to test that theory.  I decided to pick up 4 types of classic brushes to test this Blank Canvas Cosmetics out.  


I grabbed a short pencil brush, a tapered blending brush, a fluffy all over lid brush, and a highlighting face brush.  Immediately after opening the package, I definitely noticed just how similar these brushes are to Sigma, both in appearance and feel. The ferrule (metal part) is virtually identical to Sigma, as well as the black lacquered wooden handle.  They're weighty, which is so nice, and feel substantial in the hand.  They don't look cheap in the slightest!  


First up: E23 Short Pencil brush - $8.46.  I love using pencil brushes for my lower lash line, and for cutting a sharp crease.  The heels of these brushes are great!  (The heel is the part where the metal ends and the hairs begin.)  They're super tight and have little to no fallout.  And the quality of the bristles is just as good as with Sigma or MAC.


E32 Tapered Crease Blender - $8.46.  Such an amazing tapered crease brush!  I've found myself gravitating towards this brush every time I apply my makeup.  It's dense yet fluffy and applies shadows beautifully into the crease, and diffuses any harsh lines with a little more pressure.


F28 Fluffy Powder/Contour Brush - $8.46.  This brush could definitely be used as a face brush to apply highlight or setting powder in small areas (hence the "F" label), but I use it as an all-over lid brush for base shadows.  Personally, I have a ton of lid space between my brows and my lash line, so I can use quite large sized brushes to apply a neutral eyeshadow.  It's so fluffy and soft and applies such a nice sweep of shadow on the lid!  I love this brush.  


F15 Small Contour/Highlight - $15.87.  This is the perfect under-eye setting and highlighting brush!  If you use concealer or cream highlight underneath the eye and on the sides of the nose, this brush fits in the small nooks of the face like a dream.  It also works wonders for powder highlighting when you don't feel like using a big fan brush.  

Closeup of the ferrules
Closeup of the ferrules and heels/bristles
Closeup of the lacquered wooden handles

Overall, I am MORE than impressed with the quality of these brushes.  They're on par with Sigma and MAC, for a considerably less amount of money.  And if you google "Blank Canvas Cosmetics discount code," you can find a ton of 10% off codes that will get you brushes for even cheaper!

I highly, highly recommend these brushes!



1 comment:

  1. Quantum Binary Signals

    Professional trading signals sent to your cell phone every day.

    Start following our signals today & gain up to 270% daily.

    ReplyDelete