Saturday, March 28, 2015

Mini Makeup+Jewelry Haul

Since it's spring break, I figured I would go to the mall like a suburbanite does and shop a little to ease the pain of the 26 degree weather I woke up to.  Nothing like a little retail therapy, amirite?  (I'm right.)  Well.. some things I ordered online and just got today, and some I actually picked up in person.  Everything listed below is from Forever 21 (fashion) or Sephora (beauty).  I also stopped at H&M for some clothes and Bath and Bodyworks for a few candles and such, but didn't really feel like hauling those items.  

But let's be real -- I never actually know if anyone is remotely interested in what I buy or where I buy it anyway.. so.. yeah.

Without further ado:


Tribal-Inspired Tiered Necklace ($7.90) -- This is definitely a necklace I'll be throwing on a lot to spice up a super casual outfit (like a flannel and denim shorts or the like) just to give it a little something extra.  It's just detailed enough to be interesting, but not enough to be flashy.  I love the long length, too.  If you see me in person, I know you'll be seeing a lot of this necklace.


Feather and Faux Stone Necklace ($15.90) -- Hi I'm completely obsessed with this necklace.  And I'll be wearing it as much as I can get away with.


Tribal-Inspired Fringe Necklace ($12.90) -- This is just a fun piece to make any outfit a bit more interesting.  Even though it's not necessarily an "every day" piece, it would pair with a tee shirt and jeans just as well as a little black dress.

There's a swatch on that arm!  I LOVE how seamlessly it blends in to my natural skin.

Urban Decay Naked Skin Ultra Definition Powder Foundation in "Medium Dark Golden" ($36) -- I love this powder foundation!  It's perfect for spring and summer, because it has a "demi-matte" finish, as opposed to a true matte.  Once the weather starts getting nicer, I think having a natural glow to your skin is so pretty and season-appropriate.  If it ever decides to warm up again, I'll switch out my Make Up For Ever Duo Matte foundation for this one -- when, you know, I actually feel like putting makeup on my face.  (And yes, I'm the shade Medium Dark Golden.  I like to tan.)


Benefit Cosmetics the POREfessional Mini ($10) -- Just picked up a little travel size of my favorite primer.  Don't get me wrong, I still like my Smashbox Photo Finish primer, but it tends to make my skin a little oily if I wear it for any longer than, say, 5 hours or so.  With the POREfessional, I barely notice any extra shine throughout the day.  And it makes your face look completely airbrushed, so how can you go wrong?

FYI: I feel like I've talked about this before, but I'll reinforce it.  A lot of people do their entire makeup routine and skip the primers.  If you're already going through all the time and effort to do a full face of makeup, take the extra 45 seconds to quickly slap on a primer or two!  It legitimately makes a HUGE difference in the longevity and opacity of your makeup.  Using a face primer underneath any foundation will change your makeup game forever. Trust.


Benefit Cosmetics Roller Lash Mascara ($24) -- I have been so intrigued with the new Benefit Cosmetics Roller Lash, I had to grab one and try it for myself.  I figure, if I don't like it I can always return it, right?  I never, ever use non-waterproof mascaras, but I've heard so many good things about this formula and wand.  It supposedly lifts your lashes and holds a curl for hours and hours without any falling throughout the day.  I'm SO CURIOUS how it'll work on my stick straight Asian lashes.  (My natural eye lashes actually grow downwards, with absolutely ZERO curl.)  I'll do a full review of this mascara once I use it a few times!


NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in "Cruella" (Full Size $26), NARS Satin Lip Pencil in "Rikugien" (Full Size $26), and NARS Larger than Life Long-Wear Eyeliner in "Via Veneto" (Full Size $25) -- My adorable little Sephora VIB Rouge birthday gift!  I already love Rikugien, and can't wait to try out the gorgeous red shade Cruella.  And I can always use a little more basic black eyeliner, so this little present was super useful.


No comments:

Post a Comment