Sunday, January 10, 2016

I'm BACK! While I've Been Gone...

Oh boy, guys.  I cannot believe I took such a long hiatus from my blog.  I knew as soon as the semester started that I was going to be busy, but I had no idea how busy.  I'm not complaining, as I had quite a great semester, but unfortunately that semester created other priorities for me.  (In case you don't know me personally or aren't familiar, I'm currently in my last year of law school.. ouch, right?)  Between serving on the executive board of the student government at my law school, working 2 days a week at my job, being a program coordinator for my school's community service initiative, having 16 credit hours' worth of class and work every week, and attempting to maintain a social life.. it was a crazy few months, to say the least.

BUT, I'm back! And I'm happy to be back.  I've missed blogging a lot, and I have a lot to catch up on.  Of course as time went on between August and now, I definitely did things I wish I had been able to post about.  Here's the quickest, least thorough recap of some of the things that happened!

In August, I went to a One Direction concert for the second year in a row. It. Was. Amazing.  Of course I had to wear a shirt with some of my favorite Harry Styles' tattoos on it.  And I did a classic smokey eye, as per usual.


Soon after, in September, I braved Riot Fest.  I decided to do some sort of grungy eye makeup, thinking it would be appropriate for the occasion.  


As fall weather approached, I played around with proportions and accessories.  


I traveled to Galena, IL (one of my family's favorite vacation spots) over Columbus Day weekend, and had the some pretty picturesque photo ops.


Ahhh, Halloween.  My favorite day of the year, and October of course my favorite month.  I did five looks in total, but one of them was simple vampire makeup with a little blood (typical).  The other four are here!

I'm pretty fond of this cracked face look.  It took over an hour, and required a really fine, precise hand.  But I like the way it turned out!


I did this little skull look in about 30 minutes.  White face makeup, black cremes and shadows, and a lot of blending and precision. 


..so I turned that skull into a less creepy half-skeletal face.. lol. 


I wanted to do something more on the prettier, not as scary, side.  I decided to create a masquerade mask using black cream and eyeliner.  To sparkle it up, I added some rhinestones with eyelash glue.



I also felt like getting a new tattoo. So in November, I did.


Come December, I was really into soft eyes with barely any liner, if at all.  I was usually doing a subtle eye contour with big lashes, and no wing.  This was what I wore to my family's annual Christmas party.


And of course, for New Year's Eve, I had to go all out with glitter and smoke.  I went to an EDM/Hip Hop "festival" all night, so I knew no one would probably see it anyway, and I was most likely going to sweat it all off, but come on.. it's still NYE.


And just this month, I decided to dye my hair brown again.



And that's what I've been up to, blog-material-wise, for the past few months!  Not very interesting, because I haven't had much free time, but I'm back for now.  During the summer months when I'll be studying for the bar exam, I don't know how much I'm going to be able to blog.  So I'll try to be as frequent as possible this semester!  I only have 4 classes (as opposed to 5), so I'm hoping you'll see more of me :)



1 comment:

  1. Love this June:) Thanks for sharing . Great shots!!!

    ReplyDelete