Saturday, May 23, 2015

Kendall Jenner Inspired Fresh Summer Makeup Tutorial

I don't really care what anyone has to say about this, but I have been loving Kendall Jenner lately.  Her style has been flawless, and she's just been overall impressing me.  When I saw her outfit and makeup for the Clippers game she went to a week or so ago, I was floored.  It was perfection.


She's killing it.  She's been killing everything lately.  Once I zoomed in on her makeup, I thought it would be the perfect summery look to recreate for the coming months.  Dewy yet matte skin, simple eyes with fluttery lashes, bold brows, and nude lips.. such a fresh and light look perfect for warm weather.

Kendall obviously has much more hooded eyes than I do, and she has a deep set crease that she plays up a lot with her makeup.  But I recreated this simple look to fit my face, and I think it's such a pretty look you can wear every day.  You can also adjust the application to fit your eye shape and face shape!



Without further ado!  Tutorial after the jump!



1.

Start off with a fresh and exfoliated face.  When you're going for this type of skin look, you don't want to have any flakey or patchy skin to accentuate!

2.

Grab your favorite liquid highlighter and dab a small amount on the back of your hand (or a mixing palette if you want to be fancy), and mix it with your regular face moisturizer.  I used my NARS Illuminator in Copacabana.  


Rub the mixture all over your face and let it set and dry before doing anything else.  Your face should have a nice, dewy glow to it.  Kendall's makeup was matte yet illuminated, so mixing in a liquid highlighter into your moisturizer creates the perfect primer to go underneath a matte foundation.  It shines through just enough to give off that glow-from-within look while maintaining a natural skin-like finish.

3.

Highlight your face underneath your eyes, on your chin, nose, and forehead.  Basically everywhere the sun would naturally hit your face if it were shining from above.  I've been loving my Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat -- although it's pricey, it's one of the best highlighters I own.  The lightweight feel doesn't cake up or crease, but gives enough coverage for the perfect highlighted look.

4.

Apply your favorite matte finish foundation.  I'm still obsessed with my MakeUp ForEver Duo Mat Powder Foundation.  It's so lightweight yet provides nice coverage, and doesn't look powdery or unnatural on the skin.  You can also use any matte finish liquid foundation as well.

5.

Do your brows -- my favorite part of the face -- the way you normally would.. except really focus on making them bold and prominent.  I used my Anastasia Brow Wiz, Anastasia Dip Brow Pomade, and Anastasia Clear Brow Gel.  Kendall's brows are super natural looking, and not carved out or sharp, yet still have a lot of definition and shape to them.  Try to keep your brows looking like KenJen and mimic the look of individual brow hairs the best that you can.

6.

Prime your eyelids with any long-lasting eyeshadow primer.  I've still been using my Smashbox 24 Hour Photo Finish Shadow Primer.  Prime both the top and bottom lids to avoid any creasing or smudging during hotter weather!

7.

FYI: I use the above eyeshadows for the next few steps -- so just refer to this photo for all the colors I use!


Sweep a light, skin color eyeshadow all over your lid, from lashline to eyebrow.  I used Makeup Geek Beachers & Cream, because I have a tanner skin tone.  Use any nude color that matches your face!

8.

Place a darker nude tone into your crease (or if you're like me, find where your crease would be and place the shadow there).  Sweep it from the outer eye all the way to the inner eye, and down the bridge of your nose.  This sort of elongates the look of the eye, like Kendall's beautiful almond shaped cat-like eyes.  I used MakeUp ForEver Cookie for this step.

9.

With an even darker nude, define the crease with a sharper line, from inner to outer corner.  This shouldn't be as diffused as the first crease color.  Kendall has a very defined crease and deep set eyes, so this either accentuates that crease (if you have one) or mimics it (if you don't).  I went in with Makeup Geek Cocoa Bear for this, but with a very light hand!

10.

If you look closely at Kendall's eyes, it doesn't look like there is much of an eyeliner going on, but you can definitely tell there is some definition near her lashline.  This is where tight-lining is the perfect solution.  Using a black waterproof liquid or gel eyeliner, push the product into your lash line and the inner water line of your upper eyelid.  This means you aren't lining or putting any product above your lashes, but below them.  (Here are some helpful gifs if you don't understand!)  I used Kat Von D's Tattoo Liner in Trooper.

11.

If you look reaaaally closely, you can see that Kendall has a tiny baby eyeliner flick at the outer corner of her eye.  You can just add a tiny flick and connect it to the lashline once you've finished the entire upper lid tight line.

12.

This can be a bit tricky if you aren't used to false lashes, but it just takes a little practice!  Because there is no real eyeliner line to blend in with the strip of the lash, you have to get the lashes super close to your natural lash line.  I used one of my favorite types of wispy lashes, Lena Lashes in Tina, and placed them as close as you can to my lashes.  I also use a clear lash glue for a look like this, to avoid any mess on the top lid.  House of Lashes lash glue is seriously the best lash glue I have ever used!  But once it sticks, it sticks, and it's hard to take off and reapply (like DUO can do).  Use tweezers to apply your lashes for the closet application!  

Add a coat or two of black mascara to your natural lashes to blend them in with the falsies.

13.

Use the first crease color eyeshadow and sweep it from inner to outer corner of the lower lash line for some definition.

14.

Apply a coat or two of black mascara to the bottom lashes for added definition.  Don't add too many coatings or they'll look clumpy!

15.

Using any sort of gray-brown shadow or contour shadow, lightly contour your cheekbones and temples.  Don't go overboard!  Kendall Jenner's contour was subtle and not overpowering.  She's obviously blessed with an amazing bone structure, so she doesn't need much contouring to begin with, but don't go crazy with the step.  If you need a little more definition to really carve out that upper cheekbone, go ahead.. but just be cautious!  I actually used Makeup Forever Pink Gray Artist Shadow for my face.

16.

I love the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette so much it hurts my heart.  To get an even dewier glow, I brushed the color Dim Light (left) all over my face, Radiant Light (right) over my contour, and Incandescent Light on the tops of my cheekbones, nose, and middle of my forehead.  SUCH A BEAUTIFUL PALETTE I can't handle it.  It seriously gives your face the perfect glowing-from-within look.

17.

Dab a pinky-nude matte lip color all over your lips.  Don't actually swipe it on from the tube in a solid layer.  Use a patting motion just to get the slightest hint of the color, and rub your lips together to spread it.  It's an easy way to wear lipstick that isn't overbearing or in-your-face.  I love NYX Simply Nude Lip Cream in Exposed -- it's the perfect my-lips-but-better shade, and it's only $6!

And that's it!  


It's such a pretty summery makeup look.  It's simple enough to wear during the day for any occasion yet pretty enough for a nighttime event.  Leave it to the current "It Girl" to wear such pretty makeup to a basketball game.


3 comments:

  1. There is shocking news in the sports betting industry.

    It's been said that any bettor must watch this,

    Watch this now or quit placing bets on sports...

    Sports Cash System - Robotic Sports Betting Software.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The New York Pass is a 'smart card' - like a credit card - which allows you fully free entry to over 80 popular New York attractions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. (Download) $12,234 in 2 months BETTING ROBOT?

    Let me get it right.

    I don't care about sports. Shame on me but I dont even know the soccer rules.

    I tried every thing from FOREX & stocks to internet marketing and affiliate networks.. I even made some money but then lost it all away when the stock market went south.

    I think I finally found it. Check It Out Now!!!

    ReplyDelete